Ninth School on Analysis and Geometry in Metric Spaces
The aim of the school is to offer glimpses on the present state of research on geometric measure theory in Carnot-Caratheodory groups and in more general metric spaces. Analysis and Geometry on these structures has been object of extensive research in the last years, with applications ranging from degenerate elliptic equations to optimal control theory and differential geometry. It is intention of the organizers to encourage informal discussions among young and well-known researchers on current developments in the area.
- Giovanna Citti (Università di Bologna): Riemannian approximation of subriemannian structures
- Ilkka Holopainen (University of Helsinki): Minimal submanifolds
- Enrico Le Donne (University of Jyväskylä): Carnot groups
- Alexander Vasiliev (University of Bergen): Quadratic differentials on Riemann surfaces
- Stefan Wenger (University of Fribourg): Area minimizing discs in metric spaces and geometric applications
- Luigi Ambrosio (SNS Pisa)
- Bruno Franchi (Bologna)
- Irina Markina (Bergen)
- Raul Serapioni (Trento)
- Francesco Serra Cassano (Trento)
View of Levico Lake - Fototeca Trentino SPA - Photo by R. Besana.